The Clarksburg-Harrison Public Library offers meeting areas with both the library and Waldomore for the use of community groups. The use of Waldomore is governed by a declaratory judgment.
The agreement of the library to make meeting room space available does not imply that the library either advocates or endorses the viewpoints expressed in the meeting or by meeting sponsors or speakers.
Regulations for use of the library's meeting rooms are as follows:
- Meetings and programs in the library room are limited to those of an educational, cultural, and civic nature, and must be open to the public.
- Meeting rooms will not be reserved for non-library groups soliciting business or actively selling items or services.
- All programs must be scheduled in advance with the Assistant Director or his/her designate.Booking must be done at least one week in advance. Bookings should include the contact information for at least one member of the group booking the room.
- All programs must take place during normal library hours.
- An organization holding a program in the meeting room shall be responsible for any damage done to the room and its contents. No furniture or equipment may be brought into the rooms without approval in advance from library staff. The library is not responsible for loss or damage to any property belonging to an organization or its members, nor is it financially or otherwise responsible to any group or its guests for any loss or damage any of them might sustain on the library premises.
- Neither the name nor address of the library may be used as the official address or headquarters of an organization, and all advertising and promotional materials for meetings held in the library must state clearly that the library is only the site of the meeting and not its sponsor.
- The library board reserves the right to withdraw permission for the use of the rooms or to reject an application when there is a conflict with library activities and programs which have priority over those of other institutions and organizations.
- The maximum number of times any one organization may reserve the use of library facilities at any one time, all facilities combined, is 12 times in a calendar year. If, after 12 meetings, rooms are available and the group is in good standing, the group may book for another 12 times until a total of 52 meetings have been reached.
Regulations for the use of Waldomore are as follows:
- Meetings and programs in the Waldomore are limited to those of an educational, cultural, and civic nature, and must be open to the public. The terms "educational," "cultural," and "civic" are defined in the declaratory judgment.
- All programs must be scheduled in advance with the Waldomore librarian or his/her designate.
Bookings must be done one week in advance. Bookings should include the contact information for at least one member of the group booking the room.
- No physical activity, such as action games or dancing, and no essentially social activities, such as card parties or teas, shall be permitted.
- Waldomore cannot be used for commercial meetings, sectarian religious meetings, political meetings, meetings for the benefit of private individuals, or meetings at which an entry fee will be charged.
- All regulations that apply to the library's meeting room also apply to Waldomore, with the exception of regulation 4 (All programs must take place during normal library hours). Use of Waldomore during hours it is normally closed is left to the discretion of the Waldomore Librarian and the Director.