1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
Ready to Read
You are your child’s first teacher and your home is where your child begins to learn. When you talk, sing, read, write, and play you are helping your child get ready to read. Children who are read to at an early age will be better prepared to learn.
It sounds like a big task to read 1,000 books but ...
- It’s one bedtime story every night for three years, OR
- Ten books a week for two years, OR
- Twenty books a week for one year (that’s just 3 books a day!)
It's worth it! Your child will ...
- Have heard more than 30 million words by age three
- Have a significantly larger vocabulary by age six, dramatically impacting reading success